October 18, 2011

Blending Basics

1) Bananas peeled, then frozen. (No need to cut them, they break apart easily when frozen.)
2) Green and red grapes.
3) Fuji apples
4) Pineapple cut into chunks then frozen.
5) Agave (always optional)

I have never had these together where they tasted bad. If you want to use your blender more often, I recommend you but these all from Costco to get started. This is a great base to work with for many reasons. My two favorite reasons are 1) because it's a light yellow, so it's very easy to add new colors to it and make it appealing to the eye. 2) It tastes great with nearly every fruit added to it or any of the magic veggies (Yellow squash, zucchini, spinach, carrots).

Why am I so about smoothies besides the fact that it's healthy?

Easy clean up! I make my smoothie and before I start drinking it I rinse my blender thoroughly, and I'm done with clean up. And every once in a while I'll put water and soap in it, blend on high then rinse it! That's it. Can we spell easy?!? E-A-S-Y!

No comments: