October 28, 2011

Miso soup with Tofu

This has been one of my most recent favorites. I think I've had it for lunch every day this week. Enjoy!

1/2 sweet onion
2 sheets wakme (dried seaweed)
1 portobello mushroom
1 tsp. ginger juice
1 shallot green onion
3 tbs. miso paste
1/2 cup tofu (optional)
3 Tbs. French Fried Onions (optional)

Chop sweet onions 1/2 portobello mushroom and place in pot with 4 cups boiling water and add the wakme. Boil for about 5 min. Grate ginger and pinch between fingers to extract about 1 tsp in soup. Stir miso in soup until it reaches desired flavor. Then strain out all ingredients and save the broth. Set aside desired amount in bowl and add french fried onions. Slice the green onions and some mushroom and add to soup. For tofu, simple dice the tofu and add desired amount, I recommend about 1/2 cup.

I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so, da na na na na na.

No comments: